6.10.11

Inspiration, motivation, what keeps me going

One day a guy who attends the same gym as I do asked me a question.
"Dude.. Every time I see you in the gym you're going to the extreme and every time you're bigger and stronger.. What keeps you going? Where do you draw your motivation from?"

My answer..
"Thanks for noticing and the question."

I hesitated with the answer because I really didn't know what to answer. I had to think about it for a few seconds to sum all the reasons in one sentence. I couldn't tell it in one sentence and because I go to the gym to train not to talk I gave him a short answer.
"Because I love this kind of lifestyle, I love the physical challenge and for my health. My health is my main motivation. Now I gotta lift some weights ;)".

So.. what would the longer version of my answer be like. What inspires be to go to the gym four times a week, eat right, do cardio, write this blog and the blog on bodybuilding.com..

Inspiration:
- Some of the guys I meet and sometimes workout with in the gym.
- Kris Gethin and his views on healthy life style and bodybulding.
- Layne Norton.
- Amazing transformations I see every day on bb.com.


Motivation:
- I set myself a long term goal. That's to attend the 2012 IBFF world championship in Koper (Slovenia). I don't only want to attend it. I want to be in the finals. I WILL be in the finals! ;)
- Youtube motivational videos.
- Want to get bigger and leaner.
- Want to show the world that natural bodybuilding is fun and can bring awesome results.
- Comments on my bodybuilding.com bodyspace profile.
- My before/after pictures.

What keeps me going:
- My overall health and my well being.
- The feeling I get after a great workout. I feel good about myself because I know I did something positive for myself and my health.
- I LOVE the pain during and after workouts ;).
- I love the way my wife looks at me :P.
- The look in the mirror.
- The calmness of mind after each workout. 

That's a bit longer version but I could just go on and on.
Anyway.. If you want to change, you can and WILL change. It's all in your head. Set yourself on the right course inside your mind first. Get straight with yourself first and be honest to yourself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment