31.10.11

The importance of a spotter/workout partner

I think it's very important to have a spotter when you're in the gym and want to get great results FASTER and SAFER.

It helps if you have a spotter who knows what he's doing and is a good mental supporter also.

With a spotter you get:
- safer workout
- more intense workout
- negative reps
- boosted motivation and get more reps/weight into a set because you don't want to dissapoint your spotter ;)
- you can increase the weights knowing your spotter will be there for you

I really wish having a training partner who thinks like I think. I think I could get one but it's the timing for the workouts that is very hard to coordinate. Most of my workouts are without a workout partner and for the time being it's going well. BUT.. yesterday I had a leg day and my buddy "Blade" stepped it on my last leg press set. Well I'll just say that he brought a new dimension to that last set ;). It became a not planned/flaming drop set.

I recommend checking out my buddy's Youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/EggsRiceNuts.

Let's just say that after 12 sets of squats, 6 sets of leg extensions, 4 sets of leg presses this last drop set was a bitch!

Oh.. I broke my PB on Squats.. first from 8x140kg -> 10x140kg and then 5x160kg. The form wasn't 100% and I guess I could go lower but didn't want to risk a back injury. Only 12h before Leg workout I had a back workout with deadlifts so my lower back was already in pain and quite tired.

This is it.. 10x140kg Squat... 
 

BTW:. happy Halloween .. here's a clip that my buddy Blade made ;)...


No comments:

Post a Comment