19.9.11

How and why ...

How and why I got started?
Well.. I've always been into sports and I love a physical challenge.
I've played rugby since I was 8 or 9 years old. Played until my 32nd year then quit playing due to injuries.
I went to the gym often with a goal to gain mass and strength required to play rugby and didn't pay any attention to what I look like. Didn't look too bad though ;).

So .. after I stopped playing rugby there was a great void in my life and a great amount of newly accumulated FAT on my body. I only noticed that when I took my dog on a dog show (May 2010)  and saw pictures of my gut. WOOOWW... no good. That just cannot be.

I decided then that something must be done and went to the gym and started weight lifting.

At first I worked out by myself with only a moderate amount of knowledge of what to eat and how to workout. So in June I decided to try working out with a personal trainer. We had 20 sessions together and the results started to show. I was dropping fat, gaining muscle. It all went well until my dad had a double brain stroke (CVA). This really set me back. My diet was a disaster, my rest was almost equal to none the stress was just killing me.

It took me until October to get myself together. Father was doing well and his recovery was/is amazing. I went back to the gym and bought a yearly card. Started working out on my own again with some newly acquired knowledge about nutrition and training from personal trainer.

Then something amazing happened just before the new year. I was browsing the web for something new and different to incorporate into my workout routines and found www.bodybuilding.com. OH MAN.. not only did I find an amazing portal with FREE knowledge/programs/nutrition plans/explained workouts, etc... I found Kris Gethin's 12 Week Hardcore Transformation program.

I decided to give it a go and so came 1st January 2011 and the first day of Kris's program. LEG DAY!

The 12 week voyage was a real challenge. For my body and my mind. I made good progress although I should've done better. I didn't stick to Kris's diet plan 100% and I didn't use all the supplements he recommends in the program (couldn't/can't afford them all).

So.. This is me when I started
12th June 2010
Weight: 87kg
Bf: ~17%















Me when 2weeks into  the Kris's program
13th January 2011
Weight: 83kg
BF:~13%













And A couple of days after completing Kris's program
7th April 2011
Weight: 78kg
Bf:~8,4%












As you can see, the program really works but as I said earlier.. I should've done better. I was still retaining a lot of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment